Does your organization have individuals apply before they are officially accepted into programs? Or perhaps, does your organization screen potential staff members before hiring them for the summer? Maybe your organization needs to ask applicants a few questions before a provider can determine whether they should accept them as a participant.
If any of these scenarios sound familiar or pique your interest, you are in the right place! Our application offers the potential to create an Application / Accepted setup, which helps organizations review participant or staff applications before accepting them into their programs. Through this setup, organizations can ask targeted questions of specific applicants for a session, and then give their provider(s) time to review the responses to those questions before officially accepting applicants onto their roster.
This setup may work well for you if your organization:
- Focuses on serving participants with specific medical needs
- Offers performing arts, higher education, or skilled sport or activity programs and needs to gauge candidate experience and skills before admission
- Wishes to process staff, volunteer, counselor, and/or counselor-in-training (CIT) applications
The Application / Accepted setup can be customized to your organization’s unique needs. To discuss how this setup may work for your organization and programs, reach out to your Client Success Team. Please keep in mind that if you are an existing organization, there may be a setup fee if significant changes are required to your account structure.
In this article:
During the launch process, you will work with your Client Success Team to build out your sessions and determine registration open and close dates. Application sessions are visible and open for registration, whereas Accepted sessions are hidden from all participants and only visible to providers.
Since Application and Accepted sessions are two distinct types of session with different visibility, it is important to work with your Client Success Team to gather and finalize the participant questions or forms that your organization would like to include as part of each type of session. The forms can be as in-depth or as minimal as needed.
During this time, your organization may also elect to require any application or registration fees if desired.
Application Sessions (Participant Portal)
In their Participant Portal, individuals can indicate their interest in applying for a specific session or sessions. Here, applicants will be able to view and apply for the available sessions for which they have the ability to register. These sessions are called “Application” Sessions. They will select the session(s) for which they would like to apply and confirm registration. Below are the steps for how applicants can apply and confirm their registration for Application session(s).
To register for an Application session:
- Applicants will create a CampDoc or SchoolDoc account.
- In their Participant Portal, they will click Registration.
- In the Select Sessions page, they will be able to see all the available sessions for which they are able to apply. They will select the session(s) those session(s) for which they would like to apply and then confirm their registration.
Note: In order to keep the registration process as simple as possible for applicants, organizations often forgo charging a tuition or fee for an Application session. Your organization will have the option to require an application deposit or fee, if desired, however this is not common practice.
- (Optional) Organizations may also want to include a Registration Authorization at the bottom of the Confirmation page, which can describe the acceptance process to participants. If you choose to enable this option, applicants will need to check off the authorization before they are able to proceed.
- Once they apply and confirm registration, applicants will navigate to their Health Profile (or participant forms) and complete the necessary application forms.
Important: Some organizations have a different name for their health forms. For example, ‘Application,’ ‘Camper Profile,’ ‘Student Profile’ may be used. The questions and steps found in these forms will often pertain to the information necessary to determine whether or not applicants meet your organization’s acceptance criteria. For example, if an organization has an application for staff members, questions in the form may inquire about experience working with children.
Note: Like all other forms in the application, these forms will be customized to your organization’s unique needs and its programs, including the number of steps and types of questions that you see.
Once the applicant has filled out 100% of the required questions in their Health Profile, you and/or your team of providers will review the applicant’s information and determine whether or not to accept them into the session.
Accepted Sessions (Provider Portal)
In the Provider Portal, you and/or your team of providers will need to review the Health Profile of applicants who have reached 100% completion and determine whether or not the applicant meets your organization’s acceptance criteria.
To review an applicant’s information:
- Click on one of the names of the applicants to open up their Health Profile tab.
Tip: Set your Default Display to Health Profile to directly be taken to a participant’s health profile.
- In the Health Profile tab, review each of the applicant’s responses to the questions.
Tip: To stay organized while reviewing profiles, we recommend using the Reviews feature to track which applicants have had their profiles reviewed by your provider(s).
- If you determine that an applicant meets acceptance criteria, you will want to officially accept them into the session by manually registering them for the applicable ‘Accepted’ session.
Note: Keep in mind that you may need to edit the applicant’s new registration to add applicable add-ons and/or coupons. You would also need to ensure that the tuition/fee is applied if your organization charges a tuition/fee for this session.
To accept an applicant into a session:
- Click on the Registrations tab to manually register the individual to the applicable Accepted session. This will be the official roster of accepted applicants for a given session.
- Click New Registration.
- Check the box to select Participant, and then check the box to select Current or Upcoming depending on the dates of the session.
- In the Select from (#) Groups box, click the name of the Accepted session for which you want to register the individual.
Note: If your organization charges a tuition or fee for the session, you will want to ensure that this tuition or fee is applied when manually adding the registration. Check the boxes next to Tuition and/or Required Add-Ons if you would like to add the respective items to the individual’s registration.
- Click Register.
- If your organization wants to use Add-ons and/or Coupons, click Edit Registration to edit the individual’s new registration and adjust accordingly.
- Make the appropriate selections and click Review Changes.
- After you have reviewed the changes, click Confirm Changes.
Once you have registered the participant (former applicant) to the Accepted session and applied any Add-ons and/or Coupons, any additional forms that they need to complete will now appear within their Health Profile. Note that the information that the participant previously completed within the Application forms will remain within their profile. Any new steps and questions will be added accordingly.
To help make them aware of the new Accepted status they have achieved, Accepted participants will be notified via email that they now have incomplete forms in their Health Profile. This will prompt them to log back in to the CampDoc or SchoolDoc application, potentially make a tuition payment in their Account tab, and complete their Health Profile.