If your organization is using our online registration system, you can create, edit, and deactivate Coupons for current and upcoming sessions in Registration Setup. We recommend reviewing the coupon resources below to learn more about this feature.
In this article:
Coupons are discounts or credits offered by your organization and are only applied to tuition fees. Examples of common coupons include early bird coupons, sibling coupons, and scholarships.
When you create a new coupon, you will see several customizable options. We recommend reviewing the list of options below before creating a new coupon.
- Limit Capacity. You can limit the number of available coupons (e.g. limited number of scholarships).
- Coupon Expires / Apply Automatically. You can select a date for a coupon to expire and have it applied automatically, such as in the case of Early Bird coupons. This option is often used when organizations request that the price increases after a certain date.
Important: Coupons will expire at 12 am on the expiration date.
- Coupon Bypasses Deposit. You can create a coupon that allows people to register without having to pay a deposit upfront (e.g. scholarship recipients or those who pay by check or cash). This option allows the individual to move forward with the registration without submitting payment; it does not discount any amount of money from being due.
- Percent Off Coupon. You can create a coupon that deducts a percentage of the tuition amount for that specific session.
Note: This option only applies to tuition and not add-ons.
- Shared Coupon. You can share a coupon with the larger sessions that encompass the session in which you are creating the coupon. For instance, a coupon created for this session, Camp Yellow Birch > 2019 > Mariner Session 3, can be shared with all 2019 sessions or all Camp Yellow Birch sessions.
- Multiple Use. Checking the box next to Multiple Use for shared coupons allows people to use the same coupon for multiple registrations.
Important: If an individual can only use the coupon once, do not check the Multiple Use box for that shared coupon.
To create, edit, deactivate, or reactivate a coupon:
- In the Menu, click Groups.
- In the submenu that appears, click Registration Setup.
- Click the name of the session that you want to edit.
- In the right column, click the Coupons tab.
- Do one of the following, depending on whether you want to create, edit, deactivate, or reactivate a coupon:
- To create a coupon, click the NEW COUPON button, add the code that you want participants to use for the coupon, select the necessary options, and then click the SAVE button.
- To edit a coupon, click the name of the coupon, make the necessary changes, and then click the SAVE button.
- To deactivate or reactivate a coupon, click the name of the coupon, and then click the DEACTIVATE or REACTIVATE button.
Important: If you deactivate a coupon that is shared with other sessions, you deactivate the coupon for all sessions.
You can copy coupons to multiple sessions at the same level. For instance, you can copy a coupon created in Mariner Session 3 to all Mariner sessions.
To copy coupon(s):
- Click the COPY COUPONS button.
- Check the box(es) to select the coupon(s) that you want to copy.
- Check the box(es) to select the specific session(s) that you want to receive the copied coupon(s).
- Click the COPY COUPONS button.