You work hard to fill all of your spots each session, and statistically will have a certain number of cancellations. It can be a challenge not knowing how many participants will cancel as you plan your budget each summer. The protection plan helps reduce anxiety for directors when they have to impose a penalty for participants who cancel.
Unexpected emergency medical expenses can be scary too. For example, if a camper were to need to go to an emergency room or a helicopter evacuation during a backcountry trip, this burdensome cost would not fall on the camp or family if they purchased a protection plan.
In this article:
- Coverage Questions and Making a Claim
Participants will have the option to purchase a protection plan as part of the registration process, or if they declined the protection plan when they registered, they can still purchase it afterwards.
How to purchase a plan:
- Log in to your CampDoc or SchoolDoc account.
- In the left column, click the name of the person for whom you want to purchase a protection plan.
- In the menu that appears, click Protection Plan.
- Check the box next to the session of camp that you want covered.
- If you need to adjust the amount of tuition or transportation costs that are covered, click the appropriate box, and then type the amount that you want covered.
- In the Participant's Primary Address box, type the participant’s primary address.
- Click the CONFIRM button.
- Click the CONTINUE button.
- Add your payment information.
- In the Billing Address box, type your billing address.
- Click the CONFIRM button.
- In the Terms and Conditions section, check the box to agree.
- Click the PAY $XXX AND REGISTER button to complete your purchase.
What if a family only wants emergency medical coverage?
If a family is only interested in purchasing a protection plan for emergency medical coverage, and they do not want coverage for tuition and transportation costs, they’ll simply enter $0.00 for these amounts when purchasing the plan. In this instance, there is no coverage for cancellation or interruption.
What if a family doesn’t want to purchase a plan?
Not a problem, the protection plan is completely optional for the families, and they can simply bypass it.
Can I purchase plans for my families?
You sure can! Many of our camps choose to purchase plans for uninsured campers or international participants who may not have medical coverage while they are traveling outside of their home country.
The cost of the protection plan will depend on the amount of tuition and transportation costs the family wants to cover. When your families sign in to their account, they’ll be able view the cost of the plan prior to purchasing.
Is there any cost for my organization?
There is no additional cost to the organization.
Viewing Purchased Plans
When you sign into the provider portal, just click on the Protection Plan link in the menu to view a list of plans purchased by your families for upcoming sessions.
Changes and Refunds
If you would like to make changes to your plan or you are not completely satisfied, you may make a change or request a refund within 10 days of purchase. Plans are non-changeable and non-refundable after 10 days of purchase.
When requesting a change or refund, please submit your request in writing, and make sure to include the following information:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Organization Name
- Dates of Travel
Coverage Questions and Making a Claim
For questions regarding benefits and to make a claim, please contact Arch Insurance Solutions at 844-872-4165.
Additional information can also be found at www.campdoc.com/protection-plan.
What if participants don’t cancel for a covered reason?
This is the time when you can choose whether or not to impose a penalty, but now you can address these situations individually rather than having this concern for every cancellation.