Unexpected cancellations are a hassle for both you and your participants. Your budget is based on a certain number of participants, but you don’t want to be punitive to your families who have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. The Protection Plan helps protect both you and your participants from the unexpected.
Emergency medical expenses can be scary too. For example, if a camper were to need to go to an emergency room or have a helicopter evacuation during a backcountry trip, this cost would not fall on the camp or family if they purchased a protection plan.
In this article:
- Plan Cost
- Viewing Purchased Plans
- Changes and Refunds
- Coverage Questions and Making a Claim
Below are the steps for how your participants can purchase a plan:
- They will log into their CampDoc or SchoolDoc account to access their Participant Portal.
- In the left column, they will click the name of the person for whom they want to purchase a protection plan.
In the menu that appears, they will click Protection Plan.
Note: Alternatively, they can click on Protection Plan in the homepage below the participant's name.
- They will check the box next to the session of camp they want covered.
- If they need to adjust the dates that that are covered, they can click on the Edit icon and click Update to save those changes.
- If they need to adjust the amount of tuition or transportation costs that are covered, they can click the appropriate box and type the amount they want covered.
Under Selection, they will make their plan selection.
Note: Information on the Basic vs. Deluxe plans is presented at the top of the Protection Plan page it their account.
- In the Participant's Primary Address box, they will type the participant's primary address.
- They then click the CONFIRM button.
- Once all their information is reviewed and ready for submission, they will click the CONTINUE button.
- On the Confirmation page, they will select their payment method and add their payment information.
- In the Billing Address box, they will type their billing address.
- In the Allow [ORGANIZATION] to use this payment method? section, they will make their selection: Yes or No.
After reviewing their information, they will click the PAY [$XXX] AND REGISTER button to complete their purchase.*
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Charges will appear from DocNetwork, Inc. (Ann Arbor, MI)
The cost of the protection plan will depend on the plan selection, coverage dates, and amount of tuition and transportation costs the family wants to cover. When your families sign in to their account, they will be able view the cost of the plan prior to purchasing.
Viewing Purchased Plans
When you sign in to your Provider Portal, click on Protection Plan in the menu to view a list of plans purchased by your families for upcoming sessions.
Changes and Refunds
If a participant is not completely satisfied within 15 days of purchasing a plan, they may contact us for a refund of their plan cost as long as they have not departed on their trip or filed a claim. Plans are non-refundable after 15 days of purchase.
It is important to note that protection plans are not automatically refunded when a session is canceled/deactivated.
Only a participant and/or their authorized user can request a change or refund for a protection plan. When requesting a change or refund, they must submit their request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, and they must make sure to include the following information:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Organization Name
- Dates of Travel
Coverage Questions and Making a Claim
Visit www.campdoc.com/protection-plan for additional information, including important disclaimers, and a summary of the plan details.
For questions regarding benefits and to make a claim, please contact Travel Insured International at 844-440-8113 or visit www.travelinsured.com/docnetwork. Reference Plan #53973.
What if a family only wants emergency medical coverage?
If a family is only interested in purchasing a protection plan for emergency medical coverage, and they do not want coverage for tuition and transportation costs, they’ll simply enter $0.00 for these amounts when purchasing the plan. In this instance, there is no coverage for cancellation or interruption.
What if a family doesn’t want to purchase a plan?
Not a problem. The protection plan is completely optional for the families, and they can simply bypass it.
Can I purchase plans for my families?
You sure can! Many of our camps choose to purchase plans for uninsured campers or international participants who may not have medical coverage while they are traveling outside of their home country. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and our team would be happy to help.
Is there any cost for my organization?
There is no additional cost to the organization.