When your participants arrive and depart from your organization, you can check them in and out in real time with photos and contact information to help you verify the identities of their trusted contacts. Trusted Contacts are people authorized in each profile to pick up and drop off a participant. It is important to know that only authorized users can add Trusted Contacts to a participant's profile. Providers cannot add Trusted Contacts. It is also important to know that, as a provider, you must have the Attendance Taking permission to check participants in and out.
To create a Check In/Out List:
- In the Menu, click Attendance.
- In the submenu that appears, click Check In.
- In the Check-In List Builder, add a condition or multiple conditions to create your Check In/Out List.
- Click the VIEW CAMPER LIST or VIEW STUDENT LIST button.
Time Saving Tip! You can click the SAVE LIST button to save a Check In/Out List or overwrite an existing one so you do not have to recreate the same lists over and over. You can also share your lists with others in your organization. Your saved lists can be found in the Saved Lists box in the upper-left corner of the page.
To check your participants in and out:
- In the Check In/Out List, click the profile that you want to check in or out.
- Click the Trusted Contacts tab.
- Click to select the trusted contact checking the participant(s) in or out. When a contact is selected, it has a green border.
- Click the Notes tab to see if there is a note from the previous check-in/check-out.
Important: The note from the most recent check-in/check-out will appear in the Notes tab. To see a list of all of a participant's notes from check-in/check-out, create a Standard Notes Report, and then select Attendance as the Notes Category.
- (Optional) If you want to leave a note on a profile, click the Notes tab, type the message in the Note box, and then select a Priority level (i.e., Low, Normal, High.)
- Do one of the following, depending on whether a trusted contact is checking one participant or several participants:
- If a trusted contact is checking one participant in or out, click the CHECK IN/OUT 1 CAMPER or CHECK IN/OUT 1 STUDENT button, and then go to step 8.
- If a trusted contact is checking several participants in or out, click the More Participants tab to see a list of participants the trusted contact is authorized to check in or out.
- Click to select the profiles you want to check in or out. When a profile is selected, it has a green border.
- Click the CHECK IN/OUT (# of selected profiles) CAMPERS or CHECK IN/OUT (# of selected profiles) STUDENTS button.
- In the Confirmation window that appears, view a list of the participant(s) you are checking in or out, and then click the OK button. A Success window will appear.
In the Check In/Out List, profiles that are checked in are signified with a green circle, and profiles that are not checked in are signified with a gray circle.