When your participants arrive and depart from your organization, you can check them in and out in real time with photos and contact information to help you verify the identities of their trusted contacts. Trusted Contacts are people authorized in each profile to pick up and drop off a participant. It is important to know that only authorized users can add Trusted Contacts to a participant's profile. Providers cannot add Trusted Contacts.
You can also enable a Universal Contact for your organization in Settings. A Universal Contact is a generic Trusted Contact that can be selected at Check-In and Check-Out as well as in the Audit feature for any participant in your organization. It can come in handy when a participant has no other Trusted Contacts or when selecting a specific contact doesn't make sense, such as when participants arrive on a bus or come from a before or aftercare program. You can enable Bypass Mode and use the Universal Contact to check participants in and out quickly.
It is important to know that, as a provider, you must have the Attendance Taking Edit permission to check participants in and out, and you must be registered to the top-level of the organization. This registration is the name of the organization found in the Current section of Provider Registrations. If you want to learn more about how to register for the top-level of the organization, you can read this article. A participant must be registered to a current session in order to see them in a list and check them in and out.
In this article:
Check In/Out List
To create a Check In/Out List:
- In the Menu, click Attendance.
- In the submenu that appears, click Check In.
- In the Check-In List Builder, add a condition or multiple conditions to create your Check In/Out List.
- Click the VIEW PARTICIPANT LIST button.
Time Saving Tip! You can click the SAVE LIST button to save a Check In/Out List or overwrite an existing one so you do not have to recreate the same lists over and over. You can also share your lists with others in your organization. Your saved lists can be found in the Saved Lists box in the upper-left corner of the page.
To check your participants in and out:
- In the Check In/Out List, click the profile that you want to check in or out.
- Click the Trusted Contacts tab..
- Click to select the trusted contact checking the participant(s) in or out. When a contact is selected, it has a green border.
- Click the Notes tab to see if there is a note from the previous check-in/check-out..
Important: The note from the most recent check-in/check-out will appear in the Notes tab. To see a list of all of a participant's notes from check-in/check-out, create a Standard Notes Report, and then select Attendance as the Notes Category.
- (Optional) If you want to leave a note on a profile, click the Notes tab, type the message in the Note box, and then select a Priority level (i.e., Low, Normal, High.)
- Do one of the following, depending on whether a trusted contact is checking one participant or several participants in or out:
- If a trusted contact is checking one participant in or out, click the CHECK IN/OUT 1 PARTICIPANT button, and then go to step 8.
- If a trusted contact is checking several participants in or out, click the More Participants tab to see a list of participants the trusted contact is authorized to check in or out.
Important: The More Participants tab is not available for the Universal Contact. Enable Bypass Mode to check multiple participants in and out using the Universal Contact.
- Click to select the profiles you want to check in or out. When a profile is selected, it has a green border.
- Click the CHECK IN/OUT (# of selected profiles) PARTICIPANTS button.
- In the Confirmation window that appears, view a list of the participant(s) you are checking in or out, and then click the OK button. A Success window will appear.
In the Check In/Out List, profiles that are checked in are signified with a green circle, and profiles that are not checked in are signified with a gray circle.
You can enable Bypass Mode in order to quickly check multiple participants in or out at once, similar to the way that you take attendance. All Check In/Out records created in Bypass Mode use the Universal Contact.
To enable or disable Bypass Mode and check your participants in or out:
- In the Check In/Out List, in the Bypass Trusted Contacts section, do one of the following, depending on whether you want to check your participants in or out:
- If you want to check your participants in, click the Check In button, and then go to step 2.
- If you want to check your participants out, click the Check Out button, and then go to step 2.
- If you want to disable Bypass Mode, click the Off button.
- Click to select each of the participants you want to check in or out. When a profile is selected, it has a green border.
- After you have selected the participants that you want, click the CHECK IN/OUT # PARTICIPANTS button.
- In the window that appears, click the OK button to confirm the list of participants. A Check In/Out Success window will appear.