We now offer an Immunization Records Automatic Lookup feature, a time-saving tool within the Immunization Module that automatically looks up your or your child's immunizations records. In addition to manually entering information, this feature gives you the option to request and review immunization records through state immunization registries.
Before you use this new feature, please keep in mind the following:
- Your organization must first enable this feature. If you are interested, please reach out to your organization to inquire if they will be enabling this feature in the future.
- If you have lived in multiple states, please enter any address that would be associated with immunization records in the listed State. A best practice is to enter more addresses than fewer, in an effort to capture all immunizations records associated with those addresses. There is no cap to the number of States/Addresses that can be input. When in doubt, enter the address.
- In the event that no records, or only some records, are found for your camper or student, you will have the option to enter the information manually or scan and upload.
Note: The original Immunization Module has NOT changed. In other words, while there is the newest option to request and review immunization records through state immunization registries, the module itself has not been altered. Its functionality, including the option to enter manually if desired, and interface remain the same.
In this article:
If you want to utilize our new Immunization Records Automatic Lookup feature, and your organization has this feature enabled, follow these steps:
- Log in to your CampDoc or SchoolDoc account.
- Click the name of the participant.
- Click Health Profile.
Important: Some organizations have a different name for their health forms (e.g., Application, Camper Profile, Student Profile).
- In the right column, navigate to the Immunization step of the Health Profile.
Note: Some organizations may request Immunization information in different steps of the Health Profile. If you can't find your Immunization questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
- In the Immunizations Records page, read the text and click Continue.
- In the Registry Consent page, read the consent forms and click Consent.
- In the HIPAA Release page, read the Authorization for Release of Information and click Consent.
- In the Enter Addresses page, enter the residential address(es) most likely associated with your participant’s immunization records.
Important: If you have lived in multiple states, please enter any address that would be associated with immunization records in the listed State.
- Click on the ADD ANOTHER ADDRESS button to add additional addresses.
- Once you have entered all addresses most likely associated with your participant’s immunization records, click Next.
- In the Confirm page, do one of the following, depending on whether you want to delete or confirm the address(es):
- If all the entered information is correct, click Submit.
- If an address is not correct, click on the Delete icon ( ) to delete the address, then click Back to go back and re-enter the address.
- Review the immunization records that were found and do one of the following, depending on whether the information is correct or not:
- Click View Records.
- Verify the immunization record data and complete any missing information.
How many times can I do an automatic lookup of my immunization records per season?
Currently, we limit the number of lookups per season to one (1) lookup per unique participant. Please note, however, that if you need to re-enter any address or name for any reason after completing a lookup, you must do so within 24 hours of the initial lookup. After 24 hours, this feature will be locked for 300 days and you will need to manually enter the records.
For questions and insight into what (if any) exceptions can be made, please reach out to your organization for more details.
My organization has opted into this feature. Am I required to use it?
Though you are not required to use it, we highly encourage the use of this feature for a few reasons: it reduces the time and energy it takes to locate the immunization records for your child, and helps to ensure the most up-to-date records are being used. If you choose to opt-out, we also offer a manual entry option.
I am returning to my organization and we used this feature last season. Do I need to use the auto lookup feature again?
If your organization asks for yearly immunization record updates, we recommend using this auto lookup feature. This will ensure you have the most up-to-date records for your child and can confidently mark this step as complete in your child's Health Profile.
Can I find records in locations outside of the United States?
At this time, we do not have the ability to look up records outside of the United States. Additionally, we currently do not have the ability to look up records for immunizations received in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Vermont, and any of the US Territories (Guam and Puerto Rico). We recommend manually entering immunization records from those States and territories to avoid processing delays.
What happens if my records cannot be found?
Below are some troubleshooting questions to consider:
- Did you enter your or your child's full legal name as it appears on your or your child's Social Security or Insurance card?
- Did you enter your residential addresses (as opposed to medical clinics)?
- Is your or your child’s date of birth correct in your or their CampDoc / SchoolDoc profile?
If any of your records cannot be located, you are able to manually enter those at any time.
What is the best way to enter a hyphenated name (e.g. Smith-Jones)?
We recommend entering your name as it appears on your Social Security or Insurance card, as this format is the one most likely linked to your immunization records.
Do I need to enter my full name?
You must enter your full legal name as it appears on your legal records (e.g. Social Security card, Insurance card). For example, if your legal name is Maximillian, do not enter the name Max.
Please note that this name does not need to match the name as listed in the CampDoc / SchoolDoc, however the date of birth must be correct.
I don't see my complete record. Why can I only see a pre-set number of doses for my vaccinations when I know I've received multiple doses over the years?
Your organization pre-determines the number of records (i.e. doses) listed under each vaccination section of our Immunization module. The system will automatically input the most recent records to the available fields.
For example, if you receive the seasonal flu shot every year but your organization only requires two doses of this vaccination, you will only see the two most recent doses under the Seasonal Influenza section within the Immunization module.
I received my first COVID vaccine in July 2021. Why is the system showing that I received my first dose in August 2022?
The system will automatically input the most recent records. The number of doses displayed are pre-determined by your organization.